Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Liebster Nomination!

Something like this only more random
Back in Elementary school I used to play Leap Frog. Way back in the day, playgrounds still had merry-go-rounds, and big metal domes that you could climb and jump off of when boys were chasing you. We also had these HUGE tractor tires that we could use to jump over or hide in. There were about six of them and they got smaller in size. The game was like this. At least one person would curl up in a ball at the end of the tires (as if they were the smallest tire) and the other person, or persons would run and try to jump and "straddle" the tires, one after another until they reached the other person (aka smallest tire) and they would then curl up and become the tire. (Honestly I am not sure that does the game any justice, as it seemed to be more exciting twenty years ago!) Anyway, the point of the game is that the fun was passed from one "frogger" to the next.

So rather than continuing to bore you with nostalgic memories of playgrounds from the past - I will explain myself. I couldn't help but think of Leap Frog when our good friend Julie Hess nominated our little, old blog for the Liebster Award. Oh, sweet Julie - thank you!

The Liebster Award is a little like Leap Frog, it's sharing the love that small blogs want the most; it promotes the "best kept secret" blogs, the ones with less than 200 followers. And so the game continues - as part of our nomination, we get to nominate five other blogs that we feel deserve some love.

And here they are:

Literally YA: This is a blog that I found through a fairly popular literary blog and was absolutely blown away - and it was created by a student! Not only does she have great advice for all writer's, she is offers support, encouragement, and resources for teen writer's.

It's Good To Be Gold: Oh, Tonya. This is the blog of our dear friend Tonya Gold. I can't say enough about Tonya - if everyone could have her optimism and outlook on life the world would be a better place. Tonya's blog showcases her beautiful family in way that will bring a smile to your face.

Mosher Family: Yes! Another Tonya! This is a blog I love to read! With as much as Tonya has been through, she is such a source of inspiration. I love to read her blog and feed off her insight. I know that one day she hopes to write a book, and I can tell you that I will be the first in line to buy it!!

Adventures in Writing & Publishing: When I met Lisa Ard, at a writer's conference, she had just signed her first publishing contract. An aspiring writer no more! She had made it! Her blog is her journey after signing the contract. The copyright laws, marketing, self promotion, Amazon tags, wondering want to bring to her first book signing, all the joys of an author after a book deal. Her blog is very informative and personal. I hope to put her knowledge to the test after I sign my first contract!

Britt's Apron: This blog is just sheer fun! Brittany shares healthy, tasty and easy recipes and cute crafts. I want my house to look like her blog; full of interesting textures, cool crafts and yummy homemade food. I love everything about this blog even the template and font she uses. It's blogs like this that cause me to surf the web for hours. 

The other part of the nomination process is that in order to receive the Liebster Award, one must do a few things (in order to help other blogs get some love) -

1. On your blog , thank the person nominating you and link back to his/her blog.

2. Nominate up to five more blogs that you think should have more followers.

3. Notify those people on their blogs.

4. Post the award (the graphic) on your blog.

Now do you see the Leap Frog tie-in? Our friend Julie (who nominated us) said it was a little like a chain-letter, and yes, it is. That's what makes it great - you never know what new-to-you blogs you will find - you just might find yourself, blogspired!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Toni! for liking my Adventures in Writing & Publishing blog enough to nominate it for a Liebster Award. I'm working on sharing the love. Plus I've joined your blog and am reading through prior posts - great!
    Thanks again,
    Lisa Ard
    Author of 'Fright Flight, Dream Seekers Book One'
    an early middle-grade chapter book series
    www.dreamseekeradventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Lisa. My co-blogger Erika is the one that nominated you and introduced me to your blog, I must say she was right, it is amazing. We wish you the best of luck with your series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika! Thanks so much for your nomination :) and for all the nice things you said about me! Wow, I think everyone needs to hear things like that sometimes, it really made me feel good, thanks. I'll be working on creating my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I am going to sneak in here and reply before Erika! I love co-blogging with Erika for exactly this reason, I love that she introduced me to new, great blogs - so keep up the good work!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much! This and your comment on my blog absolutely made my day--I made my family read both as soon as I saw them. (: Now I'm working on passing on the award so I can link back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are absolutely welcome, I was a little hesitant only because I don't know you, but honestly I felt like I needed to include yours because I have used it a lot, and you've done such a good job with it - I think others could really benefit from becoming followers! Best of luck with your nominations!

      Delete