Friday, March 9, 2012

R-E-J-E-C-T-I-O-N P-A-R-T-Y

I promise I was not yelling with the all caps - I was merely trying to make sure you understood me correctly!  Yes, I said Rejection Party.

Rejection Party?

Oh, I see - you're one of those.  The one's that looked at Erika and I like we were half way in the front door of a looney farm, and who asked, "You're having a what?!?!?!"

A Rejection Party.

So we've talked about how rejection gets everyone down and how everyone gets rejected at some point while trying to become a published author.  So - now what are you going to do about it?

Throw a party!

Before I get to the fun pictures, I need you to know why we had a party.  Because nothing gets you more motivated  than knowing you are in good company!  Everyone is rejected at some point and so that's what we asked our friends to do - to share an inspiring story of someone else's failures.  (or their own) And it was amazing!  Our friends brought amazing stories about everyone from Thomas Edison to Michael Jordan and even Dr. Seuss!  I can honestly say that it helped me understand that the true key to being published is one thing....

Perseverance.

So now to the fun stuff...


We started out with fun evites asking our friends to "Help Celebrate our Spinning Success of Rejection"!  (Why not poke fun at yourself!) 


It was a party after all so we included various "rejected" foods - like Emeril's BAM-less wings and Cruella Deville's Heavenly Deviled Eggs.  We also framed some of our rejection letters for everyone to see.  (Proof that we could have the party!)


More food!


Poor Betty Crocker's cake was rejected as well!


At the party we unveiled our newest project - OUR BLOG!  We gave everyone a little "business card" so they could find our blog!


This is our adorable friend Tami, who was so excited to be the 1st follower of our blog!  (I was forced to document this as she was immediately upset that when our second follower was added her picture was moved down - so Tami was our 1st follower!!! Thanks Tami!)


Not to be out done by Tami was Tonya who was our second follower (who bumped Tami's picture down to the bottom of the follower's list) Thanks Tonya!


And this is our cozy little group of friends who supported us through our first rejection party!  And yes, there will be more!!


And this is Erika and I after the party - fully content with our rejections!! 

3 comments:

  1. Dang, Tonya beat me! I agree, rejection can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah but Tami you were our first "follower" that title will always be there, documented for all of blog time!!

    ReplyDelete