Thursday, April 26, 2012

To succeed is to persist

All it takes, often times, is one moment to put things into perspective.  I am in Philadelphia for work and today a few of us walked around the city in hopes of seeing some of the "sights".  As we walked into this park we couldn't help but feel the warmth and love that the city, and those that live here, hold for it.  Nestled in the heart of the city's center sits Rittenhouse Square, and in the very middle of it sits a fountain.

Those of us that were there decided to make a wish.  (Keep in mind I had never heard that you are supposed to throw the penny over your shoulder and into the fountain - so I guess we will see if it works!) Now I am pretty sure that anyone who knows me could guess what I wished for, but what no one could have ever guessed (not even me) is that when I said my wish to myself, somehow it was different.  I wasn't so concerned with the details of my wish - I was calm and ready for it to come true, but I wasn't so concerned with it being RIGHT NOW (which I usually am).  Then as I sat down to do this blog I found this quote:

"As long as we are persistence in our pursuit of our deepest destiny, we will continue to grow.  We cannot choose the day or time when we fully bloom.  It happens in its own time."
- Denis Waitley

That's when it finally hit me and the memory of the fountain came back.  In that moment, wishing for something I know will happen - someday, I think I finally got it.   I succeed by not giving up.  The road I am building is one that I pave with my persistence.  My road might be long and uneven but it leads to where I want to be.  It leads to my future, my dreams.


And, as Denis Waitley said, as long as I am persistent in the pursuit of my deepest destiny, I will continue to grow - as an author, a mom, an employee, a wife, a friend - a human being.  My destiny is out there and it will happen in its' own time - there's a penny in a fountain in downtown Philadelphia that says so!

3 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a theme in bloggers today. It must be a day to believe in and pursue dreams. You go for it. That penny knows something! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be something in the air (even in Philadelphia!):)

      Delete