Tuesday, November 6, 2012

There's a new favorite in the house!

My little wee ones absolutely love The Gingerbread Man: Loose in the School by Laura Murray. It's a quirky, cute tale of a Gingerbread Man created and baked by a classroom but heaven forbid left him alone during recess. The bewildered Gingerbread Man runs "trying to find, the children who made me and left me behind." My boys love the adventures and mishaps the Gingerbread Man runs, rolls and slides into. They beg to have this fun story read over and over and the book cover is already showing signs of love and wear.

The pre-published author in me wonders how this great story came to be. Who is Laura Murray and what is her publishing story? Her story is a classic one! Laura Murray is a teacher, wife and mom. While pursuing her teaching degree, she took a children's literature class and was inspired to write. Several years, a hubby and kids later, she joined SCBWI and started some "serious" writing. She worked on The Gingerbread Man manuscript for 2 years and through 50 drafts. (I wish we knew how many times her story was rejected too.) Through her hard work and perseverance, the literary world has  scored another amazing story. I wonder how many times she had to tell herself to just keep going and move forward! I wonder how many times it will be for me..... or you!

To read more about Laura Murray, click here to go to her website.

She has several tabs for writers with helpful tips!
Thank you Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment