Thursday, May 31, 2012

Surround yourself

The best kind of reflection is the one clear enough to see your friends in the background.



Reflecting is something I don't think we do enough.  Often times the urgency to get things done creates a ripple effect that interrupts the beauty of what's really important.  Grocery shopping, a new chapter, laundry, blogging; my list of what I wanted to get done was long this weekend.

But sometimes it's just nice to stop.....

And say Thank you to those who are always behind me!



So thank you Erika!

I'm sorry I meant:  THANK YOU ERIKA! 


Erika is one of those amazing, sweet, sincere, special people you only meet once in a lifetime.  She understands what I want out of life, she cheers me up even when I'm being pissy, and she always laughs at my jokes (even the bad ones).  She is always there to tell me I can do it, always there to help me in any way she can, and never asks for anything in return.

As a pre-published author, surrounding yourself with amazing, supportive, like-minded people is priceless.  Like those awesome Mastercard commercials:

Writing a book: Computer, comfy chair, and fuzzy socks
Revising a book: Blood, sweat, and tears
Trying to find an agent: More blood, sweat, and tears

Having a friend to help burn your rejection letters: Priceless.

So I guess my advice for this week is - befriend a pyromaniac!?!?!!

- Toni


(**Disclaimer: No rejection letters were harmed in the process of writing this blog, thinking of content for this blog, or typing up this blog.  In no way, shape, or form is Erika Bushman a pyromaniac, fire starter, or candle addict like Toni.**)  



6 comments:

  1. You are so funny, Toni!

    Awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Erika is a recovering candle addict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the more reason to love her like I do! You have the best wife ever!

      Delete
  3. Thank you Toni for all your kind words and more importantly your disclaimer! My husband calls me a recovering candle addict but shhhh we won't have to mention that! I'm so blessed to call you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blonde I'll just pretend I didn't hear him!

      Delete