Monday, January 7, 2013

Motivation Monday

"I'm treating you as a friend, asking you to share my present minuses in the hope that I can ask you to share my future pluses."
- Katherine Mansfield

Ha!  You thought you'd caught me for getting about my New Year's Resolution!  (Too bad I wrote this ahead of time in order to not forget! and No! that's not cheating - it's being proactive!) 

And that's why this quote is perfect.  I am asking you as a friend to forgive the fact that I am not perfect, that I might forget a post here and there, and spell things wrong all the time.  I am asking you all this in hopes that when "someday" does come we can enjoy it together. 

One of my favorite things about Erika is the fact that she takes me for who I am, fuzzy sock fetish and all, and never lets me forget that "someday" will come.  She's my writing rock, always there to guide me back into the turbulent waters of the publishing world.  

We all need that, someone to help guide us, through thick and thin.  I guess the reason I picked this quote for today is to remind everyone that whether it is writing, or baking, or cosmopoliting (is that a word?) we surround ourselves with friends and the most important thing about friends is....

Never forgetting to say thank you.  

So thank you Erika - I promise to share all my literary pluses with you (minus any fees for smelly candles and fuzzy socks)

Toni

2 comments:

  1. I seriously don't know how to respond to this! What a sweet post! from a dear friend! I should be thanking you for allowing me to come on this incredible writing adventure with you! We have had our shares of downs and downs and I can't wait to be there for the ups! You have amazing talent and ONE day it will be noticed!!!

    ReplyDelete