Monday, February 11, 2013

Motivation Monday - PLUS fun news!!!

"To the degree we're not living our dreams, our comfort zone has more control of us than we have of ourselves."
- Peter McWilliams



Having control of your dreams is a lot easier said than done.  Especially when following your dreams involves getting out of your comfort zone - WAY out of your comfort zone, like so far out it should be called Tonis-going-to-have-nervous-breakdown-just-looking-for-someone-eat-lunch-with.  But that's what I'm doing.  (Getting out of my comfort zone AND yes, I will be looking for someone to eat with every day, at every meal, for a week)

The first week of March I will be attending a Writer's Workshop in Pennsylvania.  The Highlight's Foundation puts on several workshops throughout the year.  I am super excited to be attending one that concentrates on Middle Grade novels. (Oh, and my dream editor will be a guest speaker for 2 whole, glorious days - and I pinky promise not to gawk and stare like the editor-stalker I am!)

My love for middle grade books started with my oldest son, who bless his heart, said he couldn't find any books he liked to read.  I was naive, alright very naive, and said something along the lines of, "Well why don't I write a book for you?"  That was three years ago.  I have worked on this novel periodically over the years never wanting to give up on it because the characters are all family members - it means the world to me.  SO after finding out about this workshop I applied and got accepted, only to be denied a scholarship.  BUT I was surprised  humbled, and extremely excited when my family offered to help.    

So I am going despite hating to fly, despite having every doubt I've had in my life crawl back into my head, despite being nervous around new people, despite dreading the find someone to eat lunch with thing - despite it all I am throwing myself head first into the most nerve wracking thing I've ever done - wanna know why???

Cause if I keep telling the world (or the 12 people who read this blog) to follow their dreams, but ignore my own, then what kind of blogger would I be?


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Toni!!! This is super exciting! It's so much fun to watch you pursue your dreams and can't WAIT to hear your adventures! You're getting closer to "it's just a matter of time". Love you tons and I'm sooooo over the moon excited for you!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the bestest co-blogger in the universe!!!! Thanks for always encouraging me!!!

      Delete