Monday, March 25, 2013

Motivation Monday

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
- Thomas Jefferson

How many times do we hear the words, "I can't" in a given day?  1, 10, 50??  In our house we've made the words "I can't" equivalent to a cuss word, and the punishment is paying our vacation jar some cold, hard cash! I can tell you we aren't the best at enforcing it (mostly because I am the most likely offender)

I will also say that it's a killer to hear one of my kids say the words "I can't" because I know exactly where they've heard it - me.  Confidence is something I battle with every day (not as much of a physical battle as pulling on my ever-shrinking jeans - but a battle all the same) and yet I feel as if it's a battle I need to wage.  I need to re-route my way of thinking.

If I think I can't do something then I never will.  The "can't" word is nothing more than an excuse.  If I think I can't do something then I've just given myself an out for even trying.

Everything in this life is worth fighting for, it's worth attempting.  Even if I you never achieve wild success it's better than saying you gave up because you were to lazy to try.

So try everything (unless it's raw meat or illegal....)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment