Thursday, March 14, 2013

Writer's Workshop - Part 1

For those not eternally annoyed and irritated with my recent ramblings and worrying, in other words, those living under a rock, I recently attended a writer's workshop.  I've been asked to blog about it....(only someone currently living under a rock would ask me to blog - but hey, a girl can't say no!)

In an obvious effort to torment you as much as possible - welcome to Writer's Workshop - Part 1

First a little background information: 

I heard about this workshop in January at a SCBWI critique event and in less than 3 weeks had applied, been accepted, and purchased my plane ticket!  
The best way I can explain the workshop (as I understood it before I attended); an opportunity to have your entire novel read by a mentor (a published author), to attend craft workshops, and to be with like-minded writer's for an entire week while revising our manuscripts. (Now do you know why I wanted to go so bad?) 

But wait there's more...

Our guest speaker's were editor's from Boyd Mill Publishing and HarperCollins!!!!

Workshop: Highlight's Foundation Writer's Workshop: Middle Grade Whole Novel
Where: Honesdale, PA (aka middle of nowhere)
When: March 3-9

To say the least I was a little excited come Saturday morning when I drug my poor hubby out of the house to the airport.  

Somewhere over the Midwest, I started to get a little nervous....
















Okay, so really I wasn't nervous, but I really wanted to make my kids jealous.  I had been gone less than four hours and was already seeing snow!  It worked :)

Then it got real...












And the workshop hadn't technically started.....

To be continued....
Mwhahahaha

5 comments: